Arquetopia’s Artist-in-Residence Programs are now the largest and most reputable in Mexico, and among the most respected artist residencies worldwide for the array of programs and contents anchored in a solid structure of collaborations with prominent cultural institutions, renowned experts, and notable artists. Each year, we host between 80 to 100 projects of emerging and mid-career artists, scholars, and researchers from many regions around the world and approximately 60 different countries, and we are honored that many have returned for residencies multiple times.
Arquetopia would not have flourished without the energetic and vibrant work of the artists who benefit from our programs, the commitment, hard work and unbreakable spirit of our staff, the love and support of our Board of Directors, and the individual contributions of the many generous people we have encountered in our path over the years.
It’s our turn to accompany you in your artistic journey. Arquetopia offers tremendous opportunities for emerging artists like you, and this is our chance to give back and support creative projects. Through our initiative, The Power of Community, we want our opportunities to be accessible and to be able to support as many projects as possible. We want to build more international bridges and expand our conversations and dialogues in many directions. We know that any venture that successfully contributes to change has to exercise reciprocity and collaboration, and this can only be possible with the support of a broader community; thus, crowdfunding can prove beneficial in bringing a change in accessibility of opportunities and unite efforts to bring plans into fruition. Let’s unite and make your project possible!
- We welcome all kinds of residency project proposals within the parameters of our programs and the scope of our Mission.
- We are looking for emerging artists with interesting visual art projects that can galvanize the support of their immediate and extended communities.
- We will support all residency projects funded through crowdfunding by offering a 10% Fee Reduction on any of our residency programs with no restriction on the residency duration.
- Applicants must apply for residency at least 6 months prior to their potential start date.
- Applicants must complete the full application process and be accepted into our residency programs with specific residency dates before launching their crowdfunding campaigns.
- Applicants must use an officially established crowdfunding platform such as Kickstarter, Indiegogo, GoFundMe, Pozible, etc.
- As part of our support, participants are welcome to use Arquetopia’s logos and program descriptions for their campaigns.